Winning Cases Since 2009
Southampton Child Custody Attorney
Providing Legal Guidance and Representation in Child Custody Matters
If you are involved in a divorce in New York, one of the most important decisions you will have to make is how you will share time with your children after the divorce. At Hedayati Law Group P.C., our Southampton child custody lawyer is dedicated to helping you and your family understand your options and make the best decisions for your future.
Our firm understands that divorce and child custody are extraordinarily difficult and emotional issues. We are here to help you navigate these issues and advocate for your best interests. We are here to help you.
To discuss your child custody options with a New York child custody attorney, contact our firm at (631) 880-6440 or using our online form.
How Is Child Custody Determined in New York?
When parents cannot agree on how to share custody, the New York courts will decide based on the best interests of the child. The New York courts use a number of factors to determine what is in the best interests of the child, including the following:
- The child's health and safety
- Each parent's ability to care for the child
- The child's relationship with each parent
- Each parent's ability to provide the child with a consistent routine
- Each parent's willingness to encourage a continuing relationship between the child and the other parent
- Each parent's ability to provide the child with economic and educational opportunities
- Each parent's moral fitness
- The child's preference, if the child is mature enough to express a preference
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable, satisfactory environment
- The child's need for a father or a mother
- Any evidence of domestic violence
How Can Our Southampton Child Custody Lawyer Help?
Our Southampton child custody attorney can help you determine what is in the best interest of your child and represent you in court. We can also help you negotiate for an agreement that will meet the needs of your child and your family.
Our firm represents clients in all areas of divorce and family law. We can help you with any child custody-related issues you may be facing. For example, we can help you resolve:
- Visitation issues
- Relocation issues
- Refusal to obey court orders
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Custodial agreements
Contact Our Child Custody Attorney Today
If you are facing any child custody-related issue, we encourage you to reach out to our Southampton child custody attorney for an initial consultation. Our firm offers flexible New York child custody attorney hours and affordable rates.
For more information, contact us online or call (631) 880-6440. We proudly serve families throughout New York.