Winning Cases Since 2009
Advocating for men during divorce & other Family Law issues in Suffolk & Nassau Counties
The reality is that men still encounter discrimination in the courtroom. Whether you are seeking to maintain a fair and equal relationship with your child or need to restructure an existing agreement, you may have to fight to ensure that your interests are not overlooked.
The process of divorce in New York can be among the most difficult and emotionally exhausting events that a family can experience. This process can be made harder when you are the target of unfounded bias based solely on your gender.
How to win child custody as a father in new york
In the past, courts may have exhibited a strong legal bias towards mothers in disputes relating to family law. While many courts are shifting away from this trend, its influence can still affect fathers working through issues such as child custody, child support, and visitation.
You deserve to have a say in how your child is raised including family decisions regarding relocation, adoption, medical choices, and educational decisions. At our firm, our men's divorce lawyers on Long Island understand your rights and can work tirelessly to see that they are not disregarded.
Tips that can help you to win custody:
- Get organized: Matters of family law and divorce can be complex, requiring tremendous amounts of evidence and paperwork. Ensuring that you are aware of exactly what evidence you possess, what you may need, and all approaching deadlines can be vital to the success of your case. Every divorce will be unique and our attorneys can assist you in determining what may be needed for your case.
- Do not speak negatively of your spouse: Arguments are an inevitable part of a divorce. However, assume that while you are working through a divorce, every action you take may be reviewed in court. While it can be tempting to vent your frustration on social media, or send an aggressive message to your spouse, it can harm your case in the long run. Remember, a judge will evaluate your behavior in determining many aspects of your divorce.
- Ask questions: This point cannot be stressed enough. Your attorney is there to help and advise you at every step, however, they can only act on the information you provide. If you do not understand an aspect of your case, say so immediately. To maximize the effectiveness of your case, everyone on your legal team must be on the same page.
- Remain active in your child’s life: The process of divorce can be time-consuming, however, it is vital to continue to spend time with your child. Not only will this ease an already stressful period for your child but it can be looked upon favorably in the eyes of the court. A judge will determine factors such as child custody based on what is in the best interest of the child and you will want to actively demonstrate your abilities as a parent.
- Build a support system: Throughout the divorce process, men often withdraw from family and friends to cope with their stress. It is better to make the effort to keep in contact with your family and friends. Strong connections may help you stay motivated through this difficult time in your life. Going through a divorce is never easy, but it can be more tolerable surrounded by those who care for you.
- Not all advice is good advice: While it's important to surround yourself with friends and family, remember that not all advice is good advice. Your support system is likely well-intentioned, but it is best to consult your Long Island divorce attorney prior to taking any advice.
- Consult with your divorce attorney: If you have questions about how a man should prepare for their divorce in Long Island, look no further than the Hedayati Law Group, P.C.
If you are currently working through a divorce, you need a legal advocate on your side who understands the unique problems which lie ahead. At the Hedayati Law Group, P.C., we are proud to be family law consultants that men of all ages and walks of life can trust to protect their interests during the dissolution of marriage.
We understand the struggles that fathers have endured in the courtroom for years, often losing their fair say or share based only on their gender. Our Long Island divorce attorneys for men can help to ensure that your voice is heard in all matters of divorce.
Men going through a divorce must be steadfast in protecting their rights in matters such as:
Dissolution of Marriage & Same-Sex Divorce
At the Hedayati Law Group, P.C., we believe that upholding men’s and fathers’ rights during the dissolution of marriage is of the utmost importance. The application of harmful stereotypes during a divorce should not be tolerated and our lawyers can help men to overcome these issues in the courtroom.
Furthermore, now that same-sex marriages and divorces are legal across the country, the very concept of favoring one sex over the other during a divorce is becoming increasingly baseless. If you are in need of a divorce attorney for men, secure the services of our firm, and rest assured knowing that your case is in experienced hands.
If you are looking for the best divorce attorneys on Long Island, you can feel confident choosing Hedayati Law Group P.C. Call (631) 880-6440 now to get started.