Winning Cases Since 2009
Need Protection from Abuse? Let Our Suffolk & Nassau County Attorneys Help
If you have been hurt physically, emotionally, or been threatened with violence by a spouse or other family member, seek a Long Island family lawyer immediately for help drafting a protection order.
Although it may seem like a drastic step, an order of protection or restraining order can provide legal protections for you and your child. We want you to be safe, so contact our firm if you feel that you are at risk of being harmed; however, if you or your children are in immediate danger, please contact your local law enforcement agency.
Here at Hedayati Law Group P.C., we help individuals who are victims of domestic violence and spousal abuse file for orders of protection to stop the abuse. A victim does not necessarily need to be married to the abuser. Victims can include couples who have a child together, anyone living in the same household, or even a married couple who lives in separate residences. This area of the law can be quite complex and difficult to navigate on your own. Act quickly and speak with us to begin filing for protection. The sooner you take action, the faster we can help get you to safety. Serving clients in Melville, Manhattan, and Southampton!
What Does an Order of Protection Do?
An order of protection may be issued for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To prohibit the person in question from committing harassment or physical abuse
- To prohibit the person in question from intimidating the children
- To restrict or deny visitation rights for the person in question
- To prohibit the person in question from entering the victim's home
- To prohibit the person in question from visiting the child at school