Temporary Visas

Contact Dedicated Manhattan & Long Island Immigration Attorneys

Temporary visas, also known as “nonimmigrant visas”, are typically issued to exchange students, visiting businessmen, foreign press members and reporters, and workers in certain, specialized occupations. Temporary visas are for individuals who wish to enter the U.S. temporarily which generally required an individual to obtain a visa. A visa will allow you to present yourself to an immigration official at the U.S. border for entry into the U.S. These visas have a fixed expiration date and the individual with such a visa is restricted to the activity or reason for which the visa was issued. The individual will need a valid passport issued by their own country and generally the individual must maintain a foreign residence.

Consequently, an individual may also be required to show proof of financial support as well as other documentation. It is important to note that overstaying a temporary visa can have severe legal consequences. If you have any questions or concerns regarding temporary visas, let our team of skilled Manhattan and Long Island immigration lawyers at Hedayati Law Group P.C., help you. We can discuss your unique immigration needs and work with you to find the right visa.

Types of Temporary Visas

  • H-1B Specialty Occupation: For those who are working in occupations that often require higher education, such as research, government projects, tech, science, medicine, finance, etc.
  • H-2A Temp Agricultural Worker: For workers who are entering the U.S. to work in seasonal or temporary agricultural work.
  • H-2B Temp Non-Agricultural Worker: For workers who are entering the country for non-agricultural work on a temporary or seasonal basis.
  • H-3 Trainee: For individuals who are receiving training in medical or academic fields.
  • L Intracompany Transfer: For employees who are transferring to a U.S. branch from abroad.
  • O Individual with Extraordinary Achievement/Ability: For individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary achievements or talents in the areas of business, science, art, education, or another field.
  • P Individual/Team Athlete, Artist or Entertainer: For individuals or groups who are recognized in the art or entertainment fields, as well as their support staff.
  • Q International Cultural Exchange: For those who are participating in cultural exchange programs for training or for employment.

Work with Experienced Immigration Lawyers

At Hedayati Law Group, P.C., we have served a diverse range of clients with their immigration needs. From naturalization and family or employment immigration, all the way to deportation defense, we have got you covered. Our team is committed to providing comprehensive and effective immigration legal services that align with your personal or professional goals.

For a free private consultation, please feel free to contact us at
(631) 880-6440
or by clicking here.

Contact Our Offices Today!

Let us be your confidant when you have no one else to turn to. Call us at (631) 880-6440 to schedule a free consultation.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side