Andrea Hoyos, the latest addition to our team, graduated from New York Law School in 2008 and is licensed to practice in New York State, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and before the Immigration Review Board. For the past eight years, Andrea has been practicing primarily in the areas of criminal defense, family and matrimonial law, but is also well-versed in other areas of civil litigation, including immigration. She speaks Spanish and Portuguese fluently and has intimate knowledge of the cultural and societal differences that can affect litigants in New York.
Andrea has substantial experience as a trial attorney, obtaining ‘not guilty’ verdicts for clients in criminal cases, and very favorable results in custody and matrimonial trials. She is very passionate about her work and will always go the extra mile to fight for our clients and protect their rights.
Andrea also has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from Florida International University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2005. Andrea is a member of the New York State Bar Association and Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and lives in Manhattan with her husband.
- New York State Bar Association
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court – Eastern District
- United States District Court – Southern District
- Immigration Review Board
- New York Law School – Juris Doctorate (2008)
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology graduating as Magna Cum Laude (2005)