Immigration Attorneys Located on Long Island & in Manhattan
Naturalization is granted upon a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements set forth by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). If you are a permanent resident who qualifies for naturalization, Hedayati Law Group, P.C. can help you navigate the complex citizenship process. For decades, our immigration lawyers have effectively represented clients through the naturalization process and helped countless clients achieve U.S. citizenship. We are proud to be able to help our clients and be a part of their immigration journey.
Eligibility for Naturalization
According to the USCIS, the general requirements for naturalization include:
- At least 18 years of age
- A period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States;
- Residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing;
- An ability to read, write, and speak English;
- A knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;
- Good moral character; Attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution;
- and, Favorable disposition toward the United States
Some of the above requirements can be waived for certain applicants. It is always recommended to consult an attorney regarding any of the above mentioned requirements. If you are pursuing U.S. Citizenship, Naturalization and Immigration attorneys at Hedayati Law Group, P.C. can help you through the entire process.
The Naturalization Process
- Application - You must complete Form N-400, include two photographs, and send other necessary documents along with the application/processing fees
- Fingerprinted - You will be fingerprinted for security reasons
- Interview and Tests - You will have an appointment for an interview at a local office where you will answer questions about your background and take a citizenship test
- Oath of Allegiance - If you pass the interview and tests, the last step is to take the oath of allegiance during the ceremony
The process for naturalization can be complex and confusing.
Contact Our Immigration Professionals on Long Island & in Manhattan
Call (631) 880-6440 or contact us online to request your initial consultation. Our firm has 80+ years' combined experience.