Long Island Family Law Resources
Get a Skilled Long Island Family Law Lawyer on Your Side
If you should ever be involved in a family law dispute such as a child custody battle, you will likely be required to attend hearings at your local Family Court or visit a Child Support Office. At Hedayati Law Group P.C., our knowledgeable Long Island family law attorneys can answer any questions you may have and advocate for a desirable resolution on your behalf.
Contact our office online or call (631) 880-6440 to get the advocacy you deserve.
Family Courts on Long Island
From child custody to visitation disputes, all family law cases other than divorce are heard and resolved within the New York Family Court system. Matrimonial cases such as divorce are handled by the Supreme Courts of New York. The location of your court dates will vary depending on where you file your case and where you currently reside.
The following courts hear family law cases on Long Island:
- Nassau County Family Court: 1200 Old Country Road, Westbury, NY 11590
- Suffolk County Family Court: 400 Carleton Avenue, Central Islip, NY 11722
- Suffolk County Family Court: Arthur M. Cromarty Court Complex: 210 Center Drive, 2nd Floor, Riverhead, NY 11901
Child Support Offices on Long Island
While child support requests are established within the family courts, both Nassau and Suffolk counties have their own Child Support Enforcement Bureaus (CSEB) to support parents after a decision is issued. These offices can work with you to locate non-custodial parents, arrange for DNA paternity testing, enforce child support orders, and pursue modification to existing child support orders.
The CSEBs can be contacted at the following:
- Nassau County Office of Child Support Enforcement: (516) 227-8519
- Suffolk County Child Support HELPLINE: 1 (888) 208-4485