Long Island Uncontested Divorce Attorney
A divorce that does not involve any challenges from either spouse regarding any of the major or noteworthy aspects of the divorce agreement is known as an uncontested divorce. As ideal as an uncontested divorce sounds, it is not impossible or unreasonably difficult to achieve one for yourself. It all comes down to how you and your ex-spouse are willing to work together, and the skill of the legal counsel you retain.
At Hedayati Law Group, P.C., our divorce attorneys on Long Island have achieved a reputation for bringing compassion and experience to the courtroom and conference room. People know that they can lean on us when they want legal advocates who listen to their needs and form customized strategies to protect their best interests.
Accolades and accomplishments that set us apart include:
- 80+ years of combined legal experience
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ (Attorney Hedayati)
- Consistently positive Avvo ratings and reviews
- One-stop legal shop – no need to hop between offices
Ready to learn more about your options in divorce? We are ready to help you. Contact us today or call (631) 880-6440 to begin.
Welcome Benefits of Uncontested Divorce
Working together is almost-guaranteed to be more fruitful than butting heads, especially when it comes to divorce. When you are able to maintain an uncontested divorce, you will start to see advantages that would not have been appreciated or possible in a contested divorce. Talk things through with your divorce lawyer to ensure you are doing all you can to keep your divorce uncontested.
Benefits you will enjoy if you have an uncontested divorce include:
- Time: You probably are not excited to spend hours and days in the courtroom, nor do you want to push your divorce further and further away. Uncontested divorces can need as little as just one court date to finalize, saving you and your spouse plenty of time.
- Money: Gaining the attention and time of a New York family court is not cheap. The more times you need to gather for a hearing, the more money you will end up spending. Since an uncontested divorce typically requires a number of court dates much fewer than any other type of divorce, you can expect to pay less in the end.
- Energy: Fighting with your soon-to-be-ex-spouse can be understandably exhausting, not to mention troubling for any children you may share together. Getting along and moving your divorce forward without incident spares you from fatiguing yourself.
Do Not Rush Ahead
Learning that you and your spouse agree on everything can be a great feeling. However, an uncontested divorce is only advantageous if it comes naturally or with the help of a professional family lawyer during mediation. Otherwise, you might be agreeing to terms and conditions of divorce that you do not fully understand and that could potentially hurt you in the long run. There is also the real possibility that you are not contesting something just because you do not want to “rock the boat” of your divorce. Before you accept and finalize an uncontested divorce, be sure to get legal counsel first.
We Will Be Here When You are Ready
Our Long Island family law attorneys are always looking for ways to make our clients’ lives easier and better. If an uncontested divorce makes sense for you and your spouse, we can guide you through it so matters do not escalate. If it does not, we will discuss other options you may want to consider, making certain you know exactly to what you are agreeing. In the end, your divorce is about you and your family, and we believe those should always be the focus of your case.
Start off with a complimentary consultation with our team.